Friday, October 14, 2005

Fun Fair


Today at KA: Fun Fair. Fun was had by all. We had donuts that cost 60 naira a piece; I was a little weary of the price but they were good, jelly filled.

I took a few pics until my batteries died. I would recharge them but cannot because I put 220 volts through my 110 charger (for those of you that don't know (like me) that's too much juice for our wimpy American chargers). I'll have to wait for the Crouches to return from Yankari before I can download (upload?) the pics.

Have a great day.

I'll try to think of something else to post that is more interesting I promise (to try that is; I'm not promising to have an interesting life).

(update: (on behalf of Emily mathy pants who wants perspective- I'll give you perspective- clean your glasses!)
so $1= 133 N. I pay my househelp Jummi 50N for one hour of help; I also give her 50N for lunch. Here are some other things that I can buy for 50N: one green apple, 1/3 of a Snickers bar, 1 mineral (at the tuck shop), some Nigerian made candies, a Nasco package (Nigerian made cookies). I can't think of much else.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

thanks for the perspective! that is one expensive jelly donut - even though 45 cents for a donut isnt so bad here in America.

and can you really buy just a 1/3 of a snickers bar? maybe you have 3 people go in for the purchase?

Fri Oct 14, 01:29:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yeah I don't buy Snickers here or in the States for that matter but they are 150N. Too rich for my missionary blood. I'll just stick to the waxy chocolate that is prevelant in Nigeria.

Sat Oct 15, 08:27:00 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

One, no one listens to coutry outside of the US; Thank You God!

Two, copyright laws here non-existant so I might be able to find a pirated copy, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Mon Oct 17, 01:27:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Canon said...

Who do you think that mystery poster on my blog is?

Mon Oct 17, 04:30:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Possibly our adoptive mom D.

Wed Oct 19, 06:35:00 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

clayton, correction to my anonymous comment. It can't be D cause i just read anonymous lastest comment on your latest post and they read HP, can't be our D.

Wed Oct 19, 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Canon said...

I think that it is your mom! Has she ever read Anne Rice? Just a thought!

Wed Oct 19, 06:38:00 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

No, I think Ann Rice would scare her. And there would have been many more misspelled words.

Thu Oct 20, 12:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home