Friday, July 28, 2006

Accomplishment

Hi Folks,

I have been reading Charles R. Swindoll's book The Mystery of God's Will. You should check it out, it's good. This is my second time to read it and I thought now was a good time since I'm in a minsitry transition at the moment. One quote that Swindoll has in here is:

"Ministry that costs nothing, accomplishes nothing." John Henry Jowett.

This is how I relate the quote to my life, the fact that I'm giving up family time (miss them like crazy), building a career, saving for a house (a big dream of mine), and missing out on my friends' lives is all relative to the work that God is doing in my life and ministry. I don't expect to become the greatest missionary because I'm extremly homesick, but I do expect to see God work in a mighty way during this next year.

I hope that you find this quote inspiring too for a ministry that you are involved in or thinking about joining. What can you give to God so that His will, His work can be accomplished?

Sara

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

I love that saying, I'm going to adopt it for use in my ministry with SIM and in general.

Fri Jul 28, 08:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home