Friday, September 28, 2007

Career change and the stress it brings

Well I finally made the decision to quit my job at the youth shelter. I realized that my personality wasn't the best fit for me or the children either. Hanging out with teenagers really isn't my cup of tea. I feel very privileged to know that the shelter is doing a good job for children that need a safe and clean place to stay while they are waiting for their next home. My last day is on Sunday (the 30th).

Now the search begins for a new job (and the stress of not having health insurance). I am looking more for accounting/finance jobs so I can restart my business career. I have been sending out my resume' to companies in Dallas since the beginning of August and after I had only one phone interview then I started looking in the OKC/Norman area. I signed up with a staffing agency and have had one interview with a company they represent (it's a crafty store that is based in OKC, closed on Sundays, and their owner is a billionaire- figured it out yet?). I also interviewed yesterday with the shelter's umbrella company. I think both interviews went well and should hear back from the next week for the second interview process.

So when I find out more I'll put up another update! Have a terrific weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home