Sunday, November 25, 2007

End of November already?!

Again I find myself at the end of the month and needing to write another post. The strange thing about this month is that I've actually been busy and have a few things to talk about.

Two weeks ago, I was celebrating my grandma's 90th birthday with about 170 other people. The small church basement/fellowship hall was packed that afternoon. I helped serve cake, cookies and punch, and made sure that my grandma had what she needed. Grandma had the best time and saw so many of her friends.

Last week, I met my friend Abbey's new baby Lilith Jade. Lily, as she will be called, is beautiful, chubby, and has a head full of dark, rock star hair. Abbey's little buddy, Braden told me when I entered the hospital room "We have a new baby." He later asked me if I liked Lily and I told him that I loved her. He seemed satisfied by the answer.

I am currently waiting on the birth of Cedar whose mommy is a good friend of mine; we've actually known each other since we were ten years old. I'm excited to see what kind of mommy she will be.

This past week, I spent Thanksgiving with my family- mom, dad, brother, and brother's girlfriend. We had a fun day of eating and hanging out. Friday we all split and shopped our hearts out. I got another pair of jeans and a very cute red sweater jacket. It's adorable- ask me to dinner and I'll show it off. Did I mention I got all of that for 50% off?! We also visited my other grandparents, ate out, and put together a puzzle.

I am currently starting a new book called The Paradise War by Stephen Lawhead. It came highly recommended and is pretty good so far. I also read Blink by Ted Decker. It is Sci-fish and dealt with the idea of knowing the future and the choice of changing it.

Really I think this post is long enough and I will bore you no further. Have a cool day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what did you think of "The Paradise War"? I know I've read it--as I've read most of Lawhead's books except the latter ones of the Pendragon Cycle, but I don't remember it at all! How is it?

Fri Nov 30, 04:06:00 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

So far it is good. I'm about 1/2 through, reading a little in the a.m. and during my lunch break. I need to finish it by Tuesday when I see my friend. She said at the end, I'll be hooked and need the next two books.

Sat Dec 01, 06:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home