Friday, November 02, 2007

Where has the time gone?

Well here is what I have been doing in the last week. Last Friday I had dinner with my OSU roommate Beth. On Saturday, Mom and I were involved in a major scrap booking project. My grandmother is turning 90 in just a week and we are throwing her a party. Mom decided that she would make a scrap book and display the pages at the party. Then we are going to add pictures from the party to the book.

Here is a picture of two pages that we finished. The dresses in the pics are from the 1940s and made by my grandmother. During WW II, my grandmother wrote a letter everyday to my grandpa as he was serving in the South Pacific. Grandma would make these dresses, take a picture and send it with a scrap of the material.


On Saturday evening, I went to my friend Abbey's baby shower. Abbey and I worked together at the youth shelter. Our co-worker Amanda was also there. Now that I've quit, us three ladies try to get together for lunch or dinner. Aren't we cute?!

Sunday was my last day of teaching preschool at church. Tuesday we had our Halloword event at church where the kids got a hand full of candy after playing games and winning candy. And finally, on Wednesday I dressed up for work and we had a lot of fun. I went in my pjs and fun monkey slippers so I could be comfortable. It was great.

Whew. that is it for the update. This weekend I am resting up!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

That's so fun!!! I liked hearing about your grandmother writing to grandpa in the war. That is so sweet. Now I feel the need to finish all the scrapbooks I've started, ha!
When am I going to see you again???

Sun Nov 25, 03:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home